Here’s a VOICES Fall Schedule 2022.
City High School has supported its extended day program, VOICES, through a 21st Century Community Learning Center grant from 2010 – 2020. During the pandemic, City relied on funding from ESSR to continue to offer free before and afterschool programming. The 2022 – 2023 extended day program includes:
- Weekly enrichment opportunities free for all students: Mural Arts, Las Milpitas Farm Crew, D&D, Music Workshop, Film Club, Basketball, and Makerspace Open Shop.
- Academic Support – Homework help and tutoring before and/or after school every day.
- Leadership opportunities through student-driven clubs like Gender-Sexuality Alliance and the Student Voice Committee.
- Community Partner workshops throughout the year with the University of Arizona Poetry Center, The Body Positive, The Loft Cinema, Ironwood Tree Experience, and more!
- Summer School for credit recovery in English and Math in the month of June.
- Orientation for all incoming 9th grade and transfer students in late July.
- Weekly Family Nights on Thursdays for parents and other family members that feature student showcases and performances, college access and trip information, and Health & Wellness presentations, to name a few.
- Students can earn days of off-campus lunch privilege by participating in extended day programming.